Preparing your little one...
Its never to early to book your newborn session -
* Contact me when you are approx 30 weeks to book your session
*Call or email as soon as baby arrives and we can confirm our session date
*Babies are best photographed between 5 and 10 days old
*Session is approximatley 3 hrs in my home studio located on the West Mountain. I never rush newborn sessions; I clear my schedule to allow for the feedings, diaper changes, and cuddling.
* Feed baby 30 minutes before the session. Full babies sleep better. We will take breaks throughout the session to feed baby more, if he /she still seems hungry or needs comfort nursing.
* For nursing Moms, be sure you are careful with what you eat for about a day leading up to the session. Any woman who has nursed a baby knows that any sort of spicy foods can make the baby uncomfortable or upset their tummy. And an upset tummy will always mean lots of tears and little sleep! So avoid spicy foods, or any foods the baby may have allergies to, at all costs!
* Keep baby awake at least 1 hour prior to session if possible. The more sleepy baby is, the easier he/she will fall and stay asleep. Play with baby, talk with baby, maybe even give the baby a bath before the session – whatever it takes to keep them alert for an hour or two. Then, when they arrive in my studio, they’ll be ready for a long nap!
*Boys and circumcision-Please schedule 5 days after procedure
*Please dress baby in a zip up or snap outfit to studio. Nothing that goes over the head, something easy to remove and not wake your baby.
*Apply moisturizer to the baby's skin before arriving.
*The studio is kept very warm to keep baby cozy and comfortable. Parents may want to also dress in layers.
*Please bring a soother or pacifier
*Feel free to bring anything you would like to use in your session (Blankets, hats, headbands, rings etc.) but, you do not need to bring anything if you don't want to. I have many items and props for use during your session.
* When you arrive please take baby down to just a diaper. Loosen the diaper and wrap baby in a blanket for warmth and comfort. I will have a space heater to keep the room very warm for baby.
* Be prepared for messes. Babies don't care where they use the bathroom. I have been peed, pooped and puked on. Its OK. Don't worry about your baby messing on my blankets or other props, it happens. I clean, wash and disinfect all my props after each session.
*Enjoy watching your baby sleep - these special memories are so precious.